Monday, November 17, 2008
Toy Swap in Bay Ridge
If you have some extra games or toys or puzzles that your kids no longer want (or that you don't want them to have...), consider bringing them to 80th Street and Ridge Boulevard for the Bay Ridge Toy Swap on Saturday from 10 AM to 2 PM. Oh! And it's a CHILD FREE event...adults only. Non-walkers are welcome strapped onto their parent, but otherwise, keep the kids at home. Besides, you don't want them seeing their goodies go, do you?
Here's the information from the organizer:
FREE HOLIDAY TOY SWAP IN BAY RIDGE Go Holiday Shopping for the kids in your life for FREE!
If you're like me, you're dreading holiday shopping this year because of our country's (and perhaps your own) economic situation. Furthermore, if (like me) you have a child who is still young enough to not really know the difference between a brand-new toy and a gently-used one, you want to maximize this time and SAVE MONEY on holiday toy shopping.
My kid doesn't really need new toys, he just needs different ones. And God knows, I have tons of toys he no longer plays with. So, let's swap!
WHERE: UNION CHURCH, 80th Street & Ridge Boulevard
WHEN: Saturday, November 22, 10am to 12pm
WHO is invited: YOU and any of your family/friends but NO KIDS. (infants/babies that cannot walk or crawl okay) - you don't have to be from Bay Ridge
RSVP: Jenny Pollack, jennypollack@ nyc.rr.com WHAT to bring: GENTLY USED TOYS OR KID THINGS including...
* Toys/games should be in good shape, no pieces missing (or as few as possible)
* Kids' books/CDs & DVDs
* Big items like bikes, scooters and dollhouses okay
* Stuffed animals/puzzles/ board games
* Art supplies, crafts stuff still in good shape
Please bring something if you plan to shop
* We'll be assigning a "coupon" or ticket value to the stuff you bring so the more you bring the more "currency" you have to shop with.
* Any toys left over we'll donate to charity or a local church in Bay Ridge
* Personal request: does anyone have the board games "Caribou" or "Hi-Ho Cherrio" that they're kids are done with? (They're on my son's wish list :-)
Just to reiterate - NO KIDS INVITED - they'll just go nuts and ruin our free shopping fun. Serious, grown-up, shopper/donaters welcome.