Horrid weather be damned...we want our fresh produce and music!
Okay, granted, I don't think I'll be dragging my two month old out at 8 AM in the sleet to pick up my $2 coupon, but maybe someone else wants to. Check out the fun events at the Bay Ridge Green Market tomorrow per an email from the manager. Lots to experience.
The Bay Ridge Farmers Market will be celebrating the holidays this Saturday,
December 20, with the following special events:
- *8:00AM* - The first 200 customers will receive a free $2 coupon to use
at any farm stand at the market.
- *10:00AM - 1:00PM* - Santa Claus will be giving out free gifts to
children. Bring the whole family!
- *11:00AM - 2:00PM* - Musical guests, Max's New Hat, will be performing
fun and energetic Balkan music: http://www.maxs- new-hat.com
- *12:00Noon* - Latke cooking demonstration. Latkes (potato fritters)
are traditional Hanukah treats, and there'll be samples for everyone!
As usual, you can stock up on vegetables, diary, bread and fish for your
holiday meals. Here are the producers coming to the market this Saturday:
- *Water Bufalo di Vermont,* Woodstock, VT: Yogurt; cheeses, including
the famous buffalo milk mozzarella; and salami
- *Bread Alone*, Boiceville, NY: Freshly baked breads, cookies, muffins,
scones, and pies.
- *American Seafood,* Long Island: Scallops, swordfish, blue fish,
clams, mussels, lobster, and MORE fresh caught wild fish from nearby waters
- *Caral Farms,* Goshen, NY: A wide assortment of vegetables grown in
the vibrant mineral rich 'Black Dirt' of Orange County. Butternut squash,
onions, potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, and more!
- *New York Beef*, Lagrangville, NY: Multiple cuts of GRASS FED beef
raised in New York.
Bay Ridge Farmers Market
95th St and 3rd Avenue, Brooklyn, NY
8:00AM - 3:00PM