Friday, February 13, 2009

Black Lab Puppies Need a Home

I'm blushing due to the egg on my face. The information in the post below is not a hoax, but it's an outdated plea for help. The person who posted it on the list-serve didn't know that, and her heart was in the right place, as was my post. Still, it's embarrassing to not check out information fully before making it public. Sorry! Thankfully, we have more diligent members of list-serves and snopes.com to help us correct our faux pas.

On the other hand, they were rescued and now they are sprayed, bathed, de-wormed, and ready for adoption. The plea from the family who is housing them is below. Contact me with your name and information at bestviewinbrooklyn (at) yahoo (dot) com and I will forward it to the people who have the puppies.

from the email:

Scott (my friend) rescued 6 Black Lab (mix) puppies out of the middle of the road on Saturday. PLEASE help me find them homes - otherwise it's Animal Control - which means they only have 5 days.

We're bathed them, sprayed them for fleas and wormed them...but we can't keep them. They are currently in a kennel in my basement since I don't have a fence.

I've lost count of the number of rescue groups that I've contacted, only to be turned down due to no room.

Please check with every dog person you know to see if they want a puppy.

No comments: