Friday, April 3, 2009

Sunset Park in Chowhound via Brownstoner

A comment yesterday indicated that this blog has been very useful to some people when it comes to finding/choosing eating establishments. While I'll admit that I have some skill in finding and posting links to other people's opinions, my own palate is relatively limited due to my habit of neglecting to eat anything with a face.

So, in an effort to further assist my neighbors, and inspired by both the commenter (thanks for the compliment Nick D.) and Wednesday's blurb from Brownstoner (go down to the Red Hook Vendor bit) that was from a link to a Chowhound thread about the new Casa Vieja on 5th and 60th, I'd like to direct those who are interested to another Chowhound thread that has been my guide several times. This thread started in August of 2008, and it's been added to by several better-informed-than-I diners in Sunset Park. Bookmark it, seriously. Highlights from this thread include Peter Cherches' posts and a mention of the juice and tamale stand outside on 5th Avenue and 40th Street. But really, the entire thread is chock full of helpful tips about where to go and what to try around the neighborhood. It's heavy on suggestions in the 40's and lower 50's, but I'm sure it can be added to.

The new Casa Vieja (an oxymoron, I know) was also featured in the Village Voice's Fork in the Road.

No comments: