Friday, July 31, 2009

What You See in Sunset Park: Abandoned Horse

What's that over by the tree?

A deserted plaything? A terrible prank gone wrong? A discarded and improperly disposed of left-over from the "free sale"?

I didn't want to get too close. I am a child of the Freddy Krueger movies and I imagined something horrid springing out and attacking me. And does everyone else see the TEETH on this horse?

My guess about this poor, pretty pony is that it's one of the props used by the Methodist Dental Clinic. They have a Nemo or Flounder (I get them mixed up) with big, human-looking teeth to teach kids how to brush. Maybe this horse is the upgrade. Either way, what was she doing under this tree on a Thursday morning?

2 comments:

*Bitch Cakes* said...

Aw, how sad. :( Perhaps you should post some "Found" flyers with a photo of the discarded toy. Of course if it's still outside now, in this heavy rain, it's going to be pretty soaked.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a human sized stuffed mickey mouse I found leaning next to a tree. Mickey was dirty and his head was slumped over his lap. I propped an empty 40oz next to him to complete the picture.